If you would like a user to be able to only access organizational components of your clinic (such as appointment calendars and clinic management) but be restricted from patient data, you can make them a clinic member with limited (non-patient) access. You can limit the user’s access immediately when you add him/her to your clinic, or at any time later on. This article will guide you through how to perform this process both ways.
To limit access to a clinic member once they have already been added, follow the steps below:
- Click your profile in the top right corner and select Manage Clinic from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Members button from the side menu, then select and click Edit Settings.
- Under the Access to Patient Data heading, uncheck the box. When you are finished with your changes, click Save.
To limit access to a user as you are adding them to your clinic, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your DermEngine account and select the Clinic button from the drop-down menu under your profile.
- Click the Members button from the side menu. Type the First Name, Last Name, or Email of the colleague you would like to add to your clinic.
- When adding a new member to your clinic, the invitation will state if they are a New or Existing User on DermEngine. In both scenarios, if you would like to limit their access simply ensure that the "Access to Patient Data" box remains unchecked. When complete, click Invite Member.
- A notification will appear saying that your colleague was added to your clinic successfully. Once your colleague accepts your request, their status will change from Pending to Accepted.