The Quick Pathology Request feature allows you to submit a pathology request to a lab connected through DermEngine. Instead of manually contacting your pathology lab for a test, you can simply fill out this fast and entirely digital form.
This feature is available for both medical professionals with a pathology lab connected via DermEngine, as well as those without a lab connected to the system. In the latter case, you are able to manually input the pathology diagnosis. Interested in connecting your pathology lab with DermEngine? Fill out the request form here.
- Go to your desired patient's profile and desired spot, then click the + Pathology Request button.
- Complete the listed fields as needed. Note that Vendor, Lab, Provisional Diagnosis, and Notes are required. You can send a copy of the pathology request to a colleague in your network by clicking the Copy To box and selecting a listed medical professional.
- If you would like to have your pathology lab connected to DermEngine, please submit the integration form found here. When ready, click the Create Order button if you wish to add additional requests to this order. Alternatively, click Create & Print to finalize and print this order.
- The report can be viewed in the patient’s profile in the Spot Timeline. Click the Details button to view the report. Alternatively, the report can be reviewed under the patient’s Timeline. (To learn how to view a patient’s Timeline, click here).
Additionally, all pathology requests are listed in the Pathology Inbox. Here, you will receive the pathology result for your review and approval. If your pathology lab is not connected to DermEngine, you can simply enter the pathology diagnosis manually. To learn how to use your Pathology Inbox, click here.
- To submit another pathology request for that same patient (different spot) simply repeat steps 1-4. Once any pathology requests have been submitted, you have the ability to print them on a single form. To do this, simply select the most recent pathology request report from the patient's Action Bar or Timeline.
Here, all specimens will be compiled into one concise document for your convenience.
- To print, simply right-click the document and select Print.