You now have the opportunity to share a patient's case with colleagues who are not on DermEngine. In this scenario, they will be able to view the patient's file without having access to any of the platform's advanced analytics capabilities or editing the patient's information. To learn how to share a case with a doctor on DermEngine click here. To learn how to share a patient case with a non-DermEngine user follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Patient List button in the top menu bar and select the patient you wish to share.
- Scroll down to “Who can see diagnosis history” and click the Share button.
- Click Other to share with a colleague who is not on DermEngine.
- Enter their First & Last Name, Email and Country. Select whether you would like to share this particular spot or all spots for the patient.
- For increased security, we recommend you set an expiration date for when the shared link will be no longer valid.
- Additionally, you are able to generate a random six-digit code that the doctor must know in order to access the file. This is a unique code for each doctor and can be reused for cases that you send to them in the future. Although optional, it is highly recommended that the code is used for ensured security purposes. When ready, click Share.
- The doctor will receive an email stating that you have requested to share that particular patient's case with them to view. To proceed, they must click View Patient.
- They will be redirected to DermEngine and prompted to enter their six-digit code (if applicable) and then click Continue. Here, they will be provided viewing access to the shared patient's profile or spot (depending on the request).