The Clinical Studies feature allows you to enroll your patients within DermEngine into clinical studies or pilots. This is beneficial for scenarios where you are interested in gathering and utilizing additional clinical information regarding patient monitoring or treatment efficacy. To learn how to add a patient to a clinical study, follow the steps below:
- Go to the patients list and click the icon, then select Add To Study.
- You will be prompted to select a pre-made study from the drop down list. To create a new study, click Add A New Study.
- Here, you can add a name for the study. You also have the option of keeping the study anonymized by clicking the slider. In this scenario patient names and personal information will not be shown. (To learn more about anonymized studies, click here.)
- Next, you assign the study as a Random Split or All Investigators. Random Split will cause a subset of the patients to be assigned to each investigator, whereas the All Investigators option will have each patient assigned to all investigators. When ready, click Create Study.
- You will be directed back to the original prompt with the new study chosen for your current patient. Click Add To Study.
To learn how to remove a patient from a study click here.