The Clinical Studies feature allows you to enroll your patients within DermEngine into clinical studies or pilots. This is beneficial for scenarios where you are interested in gathering and utilizing additional clinical information regarding patient monitoring or treatment efficacy. To learn how to add a patient to a clinical study, follow the steps below:
- Go to the patients list and click the icon, then select Add To Study.
- You will be prompted to select a pre-made study from the drop down list. To create a new study, click Add A New Study.
- Once you've added a study name, select your preferences:
Anonymized for Investigator(s): The patient names and personal information are not shown to investigators (To learn more about anonymized studies, click here.)
Anonymized for Coordinator(s): The patient names and personal information are not shown to coordinators (To learn more about anonymized studies, click here.)
Hide Investigators: Investigators' names will be hidden from the patients
Teledermatology: For clinical studies involving teledermatology
Clone Patients: Creates an independent copy of the patient file for the study
- Next, assign the study as a Random Split or All Investigators. Random Split will cause a subset of the patients to be assigned to each investigator, whereas the All Investigators option will have each patient assigned to all investigators. Additionally, you may check the box if you wish to have patients be able to access their Investigator's reviews and receive notifications. When ready, click Create Study.
- You will be directed back to the original prompt with the new study chosen for your current patient. Click Add To Study.
To learn how to remove a patient from a study click here.