The Pathology Inbox is your hub within DermEngine useful for viewing all of your received pathology requests and diagnoses in a centralized location. The following instructions teach you how to navigate your Pathology Inbox.
- Click the Pathology option in the top menu bar and select Inbox from the drop-down menu. Here, you are able to view the pathology request, patient profile, providing doctor, lab, request date, clinical diagnosis, procedure, margin and status as well as document your pathology diagnosis. Additionally, you are able to set your search parameters by patient, provider, current status, request and result dates for greater convenience.
- To access the pathology request report, click the order number of the pathology request.
The report will appear in a new tab, including patient information, specimen, overview and dermoscopic images. Additionally, the document includes a QR code or bar code, which lets you quickly access reports on DermEngine for increased accessibility and convenience.
- If you are interested in viewing the spot profile of a patient, simply click on the location of the spot submitted for a pathology report under the Spot category. You will be redirected to the patient's spot on their personal profile, along with the timeline of any past procedures, images, or diagnoses.
- To view the Procedure for the patient, click the action under the Procedure column.
The Procedure Report will open to show all information relating to the action performed on that patient.
- The Status column works to inform you of the status of that patient’s pathology request.
- Next, you have the option of adding a pathology diagnosis by clicking Add Pathology Diagnosis. If the pathology lab has integration with DermEngine then this will be auto imported meaning the doctor can approve it immediately.
- A popup will appear allowing you to complete all information relating to that report, such as diagnosis, treatment recommendation, and notes. When ready, click Submit.
- Once complete, you have the option to view the provided pathology diagnosis as a PDF file by clicking the respective name.
You can print the report by clicking the Print button at the bottom of the document.