Serial imaging is designed to help you take multiple images of a patient’s spot in a short amount of time to support streamlined workflows. To learn how to take serial images follow the instructions below:
*Note that Serial Imaging is only available for iOS at this time.
- Make sure the DermEngine app is updated to the latest version (v 2.40) in the app store.
- Select a patient.
- Tap the icon in the top right corner.
- Take your first dermoscopic image.
- DermEngine will sort the pre-existing spots based on their similarity to the new image to help streamline the documentation process. Here, you can either assign it to a listed spot (by tapping Assign) or document it under a new spot by selecting the New Spot button and locating the spot on the body map.
- You can add additional images to the selected spot as needed. Additionally, you can switch between dermoscopic and overview images by tapping the image type in the bottom left and right corners.
- You can review the images for the selected spot, and delete them if needed by tapping on the thumbnail dermoscopic and overview images.
- When finished, select Next Spot to begin imaging another spot or select Done to go back to the Spots page.
*Note that Smart Snap tools are only available for iOS devices at this time