Best Practice needs to be installed on all client machines and set up for all users. In order for DermSync to automatically receive updates and patches, Run from startup needs to be selected after the installation. When managing a patient's case you have the option of manually exporting their case to Best Practice. To export a file, follow the instructions below:
Note: This feature is available starting from DermSync version 2.0.2
- Create a folder that will be used for patient transfer files, and allow write access for any accounts using Best Practice.
- On the Best Practice Client, set up Results Import. From the menu bar at the top, select "Setup", then select "Configuration". From the left side menu, select "Results import". Check the box for "Import investigation results on this computer" and add the folder to the "Report file search paths".
- On the Best Practice Server, run the BPLink utility to automatically check for results.
- Set up DermSync. Click on the taskbar icon, then select "Set up results import directory".
- Select the same path in DermSync.
- Click the Patient List option from the Patient button on the top menu bar.
- Select the "..." icon of the patient timeline you wish to view. Select the See Timeline option.
Alternatively, if you are already on the patient’s profile, you can simply select the Timeline button in the top right corner. You can see a preview of the most recent details of the patient below their info in the Spot Timeline.
- Select the Print Report button.
- Once you click the Print Report button, you are able to filter which criteria you would like to be displayed in the report in the categories of Diagnosis, Pathology, and Images. When ready, click Export to Best Practice. DermSync will save the report to the selected folder. When Best Practice imports the report, the file will be deleted automatically.
- The report can be found in the patient's file, under Clinical > Unchecked reports and from the main screen, under View > Incoming Reports.
With the BPLink utility, the folder will be synced every 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can refresh manually but clicking the Incoming Reports button. Best Practice will notify that there are unchecked reports for the patients the next time that patient is open.