After you have added a patient’s total body images to DermEngine you have the option of syncing them directly with the mobile app to capture corresponding dermoscopic or overview images. To get started, follow the instructions below:
- Once you have accessed your patient’s total body photography profile, select the spots you would like to take dermoscopic images for by holding the CTRL/CMND button then clicking the icon.
- Select a device to take images with in the bottom right corner and click Take Images On Device. (Be sure that your device is logged into the DermEngine app for it to appear)
- If you do not see your device listed, open your mobile app and make sure it's logged in, then click the button. If your device still does not appear, you may need to log out and log back in and on the app and re-click the button.
- A push notification will appear on the mobile app prompting you to confirm you would like to take images of your selected lesions.
- Attach your dermoscope and take your image. You can take multiple dermoscopic and overview images of that lesion as needed. On the top bar, the app shows the location on the body map. If the lesion has already been mapped, you will see the spot number as well. Otherwise, you need to map it to the body map once the images for that lesion are taken.
- If you would not wish to take an image of that lesion, tap Skip.
- Crop the image as desired, and tap next. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until complete.