DermEngine’s total body photography feature allows you to quickly capture and sync images between the app and web platform. Alternatively, if you are using another imaging device, or have stored images on your computer you can upload your photos directly to the web platform. To learn how to add baseline photos, follow the instructions below:
- Click the Patients button in the top menu bar. Click the “...” of your desired patient and select Total Body Photography.
Alternatively, if you are already in the patient's profile, you may simply select the Total Body button located at the top right corner.
- Select a body part to view or upload images. Body part sections are highlighted by light blue dotted squares. These sections are: Head, Arms, Torso, Upper legs, and Lower legs.
Note that if you have already added an image to a body part, a small number will appear in the corner. To upload an image click Choose Files to Upload.
Add total body images. Your options are:
-Upload from your computer
-Patient images (unassigned images synced via your original medical software)
-Quick Snap (to learn more about Quick Snap click here)
-Camera (live-video dermoscopes only)
Select files and add, repeating as necessary. To learn how to take images via the DermEngine app click here (iOS tab).
Once complete, select the baseline image to view it directly in the patient’s Total Body Photography profile. DermEngine’s algorithms will automatically identify all lesions within the image (circled white) for your convenience. Here, you have the ability to adjust the algorithm’s sensitivity by adjusting the “Lesions Shown” slider.
- Select a circled lesion to perform an action:
-Map to body map
-Take dermoscopic image of spot
- To document an undetected (not circled) lesion, simply select it within the body image and then click the icon.
Click the following links below to learn how to perform different actions within the total body photography module:
- How Do I Map Lesions?
- How Do I Perform Step By Step Mapping?
- How Do I Take Dermoscopic Images From The Total Body Photography Page?
- How Do I Match Lesions?
- How Do I Match Undetected Lesions?
- How Do I Use The Flicker Tool?
- How Can I View A Spot's Dermoscopic Image When Zooming In On The Total Body Image?
- How Do I View Dermoscopic Images Within A Total Body Photography Profile?
When taking total body photos, you have the option of performing serial imaging to quickly capture images of all body parts directly through your phone on the DermEngine app. To learn how to get started, follow the instructions below:
- Select the Patients option from the Main Menu.
- Select a Patient.
- Tap the Total Body Photography icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Serial Total Body Photography.
- Go through the assigned poses by tapping the camera button at the bottom of the screen. (The assigned pose will be visible in the top left corner. In this example it is Torso-Back).
- Any past images you have taken of that body part will appear along the top bar. Tapping one of these will have a silhouette appear while taking a new image to help ensure it is as similar as possible to the original(s).
- Tap next to move to the next body part and repeat steps until complete.
- If you wish to move on to the next body part without taking any images, you have the option of skipping.