DermEngine’s total body photography feature allows you to quickly capture and sync images between the app and web platform. Alternatively, if you are using another imaging device you can upload your photos directly to the web platform. To learn how to get started, follow the instructions below:
- Click the Patients button in the top menu bar. Click the “...” of your desired patient and select Full-Body Imaging.
Alternatively, if you are already in the patient's profile, you may simply select the Full-Body button located at the top right corner.
- Select a body part to view or upload images. Body part sections are highlighted by light blue dotted squares. These sections are: Head, Arms, Torso, Upper legs, and Lower legs. Note that if you have already added an image to a body part, a small number will appear in the corner. To upload an image click Choose Files to Upload and repeat as necessary.
- Once complete, simply click any of your images to view them directly in the patient’s Total Body Photography Profile. Select one image to begin Mole Mapping, or click two images to compare them side by side and run Mole Matching.
When taking total body photos, you have the option of performing serial imaging to quickly capture images of all body parts directly through your phone on the DermEngine app. To learn how to get started, follow the instructions below:
- Select the Patients option from the Main Menu.
- Select a Patient.
- Tap the Full-Body Imaging icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Serial Total Body Photography.
- Go through the assigned poses by tapping the camera button at the bottom of the screen. (The assigned pose will be visible in the top left corner. In this example it is Torso-Back).
- Any past images you have taken of that body part will appear along the top bar. Tapping one of these will have a silhouette appear while taking a new image to help ensure it is as similar as possible to the original(s).
- Tap next to move to the next body part and repeat steps until complete.