The Flicker tool is an option within DermEngine’s Lesion Matching feature. When prompted, it will overlay (superimpose) the two compared images and "flicker" between them to help you identify any changes to the patient's lesions over time. To learn how to use the Flicker tool follow the instructions below:
- Access your patient’s Total Body Photography profile and select the desired body part and images. (To learn how to access this point, click here).
- Click the Flicker button.
- DermEngine will overlay the two images and “flicker” between them to help you identify any changes that may have occurred. To get a closer view of a particular lesion, you can use the zoom slider in the bottom right corner or scroll with your mouse.
- Here, you can select any lesion which will show the pair on the right sidebar and allow you to select one of the three actions (Take Image, No Change, Wrong Match).
- Once finished, simply click Stop Flicker. (To exit full screen mode click the icon)
- While in the Lesion Matching page, you have the ability to delete wrong pairs or add lesion pair that DermEngine’s algorithms did not detect. Once you have documented at least one new lesion you have the ability to re-run Flicker’s algorithms to take into account the new lesion(s) by clicking the icon. (Note that if you had more than 10 lesions Flicker will automatically refresh)