The Lesion Matching tool is designed to automatically detect and match lesions from similar images taken at two different times. In some cases, you may be required to manually match “landmark” spots to assist the algorithm in identifying remaining spots within the image with the utmost accuracy. To learn how to manually match lesions, follow the instructions below:
(To learn how to add Total Body Images to a patient profile, click here.)
- Access your patient’s total body photography profile, then click the desired body section, then select the images you would like to compare. (To learn how to run Lesion Mapping click here).
- Click Start Matching. Please wait a moment, as it may take time to process this request depending on the number of spots on that patient.
- Click on a lesion you would like to match, then click on its counterpart in the second image.
- Confirm you would like this pair to be matched.
- Your new pair will appear as labelled “Manually Created”. Based on your new match, DermEngine’s algorithms will automatically work to match any new corresponding spots it identifies between the two images. If you are not satisfied with your Lesion Matching session, it is recommended that you manually add a greater number of spots, as this helps the algorithm's accuracy. Note: if possible, try to match larger, easily identifiable lesions.