Lesion Matching automatically detects and matches skin lesions from similar images taken at two different times. The matched lesions are sorted based on the amount of change in their size and color to help you find the lesions that have changed most. To learn how to run Lesion Matching follow the instructions below:
(To learn how to first run Lesion Mapping click here)
(To learn how to add or remove lesion pair results click here)
- Access your patient’s total body photography profile and click the desired body section.
- Next, select the images you would like to compare.
- Click Start Matching. Please wait a moment, as it may take time to process this request depending on the number of spots on that patient.
- If the images are different in size, DermEngine will automatically scale the image. If this case, a pop up message will appear at the bottom of the page. To undo this action, click the button.
- Once matched, you can use the sensitivity slider to select the number of lesions you would like the algorithm to identify. (You have the option of editing or adding to these at any time.) All detected spots will be paired in the viewing column on the right. Here, these will be sorted and color coded based on amount of change:
1. Purple: Change detected
2. Blue: Possible change detected
3. Grey: No change detected
- From here, you have the ability to review the list; clicking an image will provide you with the following options:
1. Confirm Match
3. Delete Match
4. Not Changed or Changed.
- To get a better look at a spot, you can use the paired slider or scroll with your mouse to get a magnified view of both images at once.
To learn how to add or remove lesion pairs click here.
Click the following links below to learn how to perform different actions within the total body photography module: