Once your patients have been registered on DermEngine, you have the ability to obtain their written consent. To learn how to obtain consent as well as delete existing or outdated forms follow the instructions below:
To learn how to document patient consent as you are creating their account click here.
- Go to your patient’s profile and click the icon.
- A popup will appear displaying the patient's basic information. Click See Patient’s Consent.
- Click Obtain Consent.
- If you’ve added multiple consent forms to DermEngine, you will be prompted to select which one you would like your patient to complete.
- Walk through the consent form with your patient and answer any questions they may have. Once the form is filled out accordingly, click Next. Alternatively, click Obtain Consent Later to complete the form in the future.
- To obtain the patient’s signature select a connected device and click Sign On Device. To learn how to sync your mobile device click here.
- You will receive a push notification on your device. Provide your patient with the mobile device to receive their signature. Once complete, tap Done.
- You will be prompted to select if you are happy with your patient’s signature or if you would to re-obtain it. When ready, tap Confirm.
- The patient signature will be automatically transferred to the DermEngine web platform. Click Add Patient Signature.
- All signed patient consent forms will be visible under the Patient Consent tab, and can be viewed by clicking View Consent. To learn how to delete a patient’s consent click here.