After comparing two total body images, there may be a new or suspicious spot that needs to be documented. To learn how to map a previously unmapped lesion using the DermEngine mobile app follow the instructions below:
- From the Comparison Screen select the lesion(s) you wish to map. (These lesions will most likely be highlighted purple to indicate that a change has been detected between the two images by DermEngine’s algorithms, and will be at the top of the Lesions column on the right side of the page.)
- Select Take Image.
- Select which mobile device you would like to capture images from, then click Send Images To Device. (Make sure that your mobile device is logged into your DermEngine account!)
- A push notification will appear prompting you to confirm you would like to take images of your selected lesions.
- Capture the overview or dermoscopic image by selecting the respective tabs at the bottom of the screen. If you would not wish to take an image of that lesion, tap Skip.
- Place the spot and then tap Place to continue.
- Add more images to the spot as necessary, then tap Next. Repeat this process for all spots you wish to add overview or dermoscopic images to, then tap Done when complete.