Within DermEngine you have the ability to receive referrals from your colleagues or submissions directly from your patients (depending on your teleconsultation settings). To learn on where to access and take action for outstanding cases follow the instructions below:
- Click the Referrals/Submissions To You tab on your Home Page Inbox. (When a patient has submitted a case, or when a colleague in your network has referred a case to you, it will appear in your Referrals/Submissions in your Inbox.)
- Select the case for which you would like to provide your professional opinion.
- You will be redirected to the Teleconsultation Panel. Enter all information relating to the diagnosis of the case in the column on the right side under the Add Tele-derm Consult heading.
- Enter your Clinical Diagnosis. You can select a preset condition from the drop-down menu, or type your own.
- Next, enter your Recommendation (required). Your options are:
-Physical Exam Required
-No Concern Today
-Other (fill in the text box with explanation)
Additionally, you can set a followup date from the drop-down list of options under the Follow Up section.
- You have the ability to set and customize templates for each diagnosis option by going to the Template Settings. To learn more about how to use customized templates, click here.
- Click Save & Next Case when complete.
A pop up will appear stating that once you have submitted a diagnosis it cannot be undone. Once you select Yes, a notification will appear stating that your diagnosis has been successfully submitted.
- You will automatically be prompted to review the next (if any) outstanding case(s) for that patient. To manually scroll through these, simply click the arrows in the top right corner of the page.
- Once complete with all patients, you will have the option of returning to your Dashboard or accessing the Clinical Studies page.
- The patient’s report can be viewed in the patient’s profile in the Spot Timeline. Click the Details button to view the report. Alternatively, the report can be reviewed under the patient’s Timeline. (To learn how to view a patient’s Timeline, click here).
- If you would like to Print or save your report as a PDF, scroll to the bottom of your report and click the respective button.