In order to promote enhanced security, enterprises have the ability to set password criteria that must be met when every user within your practice completes their account creation, such as character requirement, length, and expiration. To set up your virtual practice’s password policy follow the instructions below:
- Click on your Profile in the right top corner and choose Enterprise from the drop-down menu.
- Select Password Policy from the left side menu.
- Here, you can set the permitted password length between the range of 8 and 128 characters.
- Next, select whether you would like to require users’ passwords to include a special character and/or at least one number. Note that all DermEngine users are required to have at least one lowercase and uppercase letter for security purposes.
- To ensure that strength and length enforcements are applied for the next time users log in, check the Enforce Password Policy At Next Sign In box. Checking this box will only affect existing users, prompting them to update their password to meet your policy.
- Select from the drop-down menu if you would like to have passwords expire after a certain period of time, ranging from 90 days to 365 days.
- When you’ve completed your changes, please remember to click Save.