The custom field feature within DermSync for MedicalDirector users was enabled to allow a filter on top of the filter by provider, particularly for those who are not using MedicalDirector Pracsoft which is what appointment filter syncs based on. However for those using filter by appointment, custom field filter can be used in conjunction or not used at all.
To set this up, do the following:
- Open the DermSync menu, and select 'Settings' followed by 'Filter by custom fields'
- In the window that opens, check off the box to filter by patients to sync only if they have 'DE' in any of their custom fields.
- Open MedicalDirector Clinical
- Open up a patient that you would like to sync with DermEngine
- Select 'Patient' > 'Details..."
- In the window that appears, select the 'Notes' tab and then on the right you will see a 'Custom Fields' section.
- Within the Custom Fields section, fill any of the three custom fields with the text 'DE'. Please type this in capital letters.
Alternatively, if you are using all of these fields already, simply separate what is already in one of the fields with a comma followed by or prefixed with 'DE'. The following are examples of valid inputs:
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.