If you are using version BP Indigo or before, follow the instructions here instead.
Before getting started, be sure that you meet the following requirements:
- Admin privileges
- Active DermEngine account
- PMS credentials (server address)
- Run on every machine BP client is on
- In Best Practice, select: Setup > Configuration (You will need to have access to configuration settings).
- Next, click Database from the left side menu, then click the Database Browser button.
- In the window that appears, select 'MetaOptima (DermEngine)' and save
*THE FOLLOWING NEEDS TO BE REPEATED FOR EACH CLIENT COMPUTER AND WINDOWS ACCOUNT
- Run the DermSync application.
- Select "Best Practice" from the drop down list.
- A window to setup database settings should appear (if not it can be found in DermSync menu under Settings > Setup database). Select 'BP Jade or after', enter the server name/IP for Best Practice and click save.
Once you have successfully logged in and configured database settings, any patients opened with the clinical view on Best Practice will be available on your Patient List on DermEngine and the mobile apps. To learn how to troubleshoot DermSync, click here.