When creating a new clinical study you have the option of keeping the subjects’ data anonymized. To learn how to create an anonymized study, follow the steps below. Note that only new studies can be anonymized.
- Go to the patients list and click the icon, then select Add To Study.
- Click Add A New Study.
- Create a name for your study, then click the Anonymized Slider to the On (teal) position, which will ensure that patients enrolled in the study will not have their names or personal information shown for Coordinators or Investigator or both.
Additionally, you may select the following preferences:
Hide Investigators: Investigators' names will be hidden from the patients
Teledermatology: For clinical studies involving teledermatology
Clone Patients: Creates an independent copy of the patient file for the study
- Next, assign the study as a Random Split or All Investigators. Random Split will cause a subset of the patients to be assigned to each investigator, whereas the All Investigators option will have each patient assigned to all investigators. Additionally, you may check the box if you wish to have patients be able to access their Investigator's reviews and receive notifications. When ready, click Create Study. (To learn more about these options and create a clinical study click here.)
- You will be directed back to the original prompt with the new study chosen for your current patient. Click Add To Study.
- If you prefer to keep your patients’ names included within the study, but would like to ensure the continued privacy of the subjects, you also have the option of simply selecting the Privacy Slider. When turned on, this will hide all profile pictures and only display the initials of the patients enrolled in your studies.