With Skin App, you have the ability to image, document, and submit pictures of your skin to a medical professional in your area for fast, secure review. To begin, follow the instructions below:
- Enter your Username and Password, then tap Login.
- Tap the Start Consultation button.
- Select the option that best matches your condition. If none of the options seem accurate, tap Other and enter what you believe your condition may be. If you aren’t sure, select Other and simply type “I don’t know”.
- Tap the body map to place your spot. Don’t worry if you make a mistake, just press again to relocate the spot. When ready, tap Next.
- If you have a dermatoscope, please confirm by clicking Yes, I do.
- Attach your dermatoscope and take a dermoscopic image of your spot.
- Now detach your dermatoscope and take the overview Image.
- Take the images in a well-lit area
- Clean your mobile device's lens
- Tap the mobile screen to focus the image
- Hold the phone still while the image is being captured.
- Review your images, or add more if necessary, repeating the steps above. Once ready, tap Continue With Submission.
- Depending on your physician, you may have the opportunity to either submit images with the support of your insurance card or credit card. In this article, we’ll be going over how to submit images using your medical insurance card. If you’d like to submit images with your credit card, please click here.
Tap a provider, select the payment method as Medical Insurance, then hit Next.
- If this is your first time submitting a case, you will be prompted to add an insurance card by tapping the Take Photos button.
- Place your insurance card on a hard surface in a well lit area, then position your camera so it's inside the white box, and tap the camera button. Make sure the picture is clear, with legible writing. Repeat steps for both the front and back of the card.
- Confirm you are happy with the quality of the images, then tap Next.
- There might be a questionnaire associated with the consent form that you need to answer. Select all that apply, then tap Next.
- Depending on your provider, you may also be asked to complete an intake form about your medical history. Once you’ve filled out your information, tap Next.
- Once complete, you will be asked to provide more information about your condition relating to this image submission. When finished, tap Next.
- Review your submission. Here, you have the opportunity to revise any of your information. Once satisfied, tap Submit.
- Confirm that you want to submit the case by tapping Submit. Congratulations! Your case has been successfully submitted.